You’ve just had a long, hard, exhausting day, and all you want to do is curl up with something light, fun, easy, fluffy, distracting, and entertaining.
What book do you pick up?
During stressful times, I pick up a Pride and Prejudice retelling. I find it fascinating how creative writers can be with retelling a classic. Can you tell I have a soft spot for Pride and Prejudice? I recently read A Wife for Mr. Darcy and Only Mr. Darcy Will Do; both were rather enjoyable. However, if I had to pick between the two I would pick Only Mr. Darcy Will Do. My other go to book(s) would be Anne of Green Gables series.
Name a book (or books) from a country other than your own that you love. Or aren’t there any?
I love reading book from all over the world. Foreign books expose you to experiences from other parts of the world, other time periods, and other cultural perspectives. If you have not read any foreign books you are missing out. A few of my favorites include:
- Anne of Green Gables – L.M. Montgomery
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Little Prince – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Les Misérable – Victor Hugo
- The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
- The House of Spirits – Isabel Allende
- Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being – Milan Kundera
What are some of your favorite foreign books or authors?