Name a book (or books) from a country other than your own that you love. Or aren’t there any?
I love reading book from all over the world. Foreign books expose you to experiences from other parts of the world, other time periods, and other cultural perspectives. If you have not read any foreign books you are missing out. A few of my favorites include:
- Anne of Green Gables – L.M. Montgomery
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Little Prince – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Les Misérable – Victor Hugo
- The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
- The House of Spirits – Isabel Allende
- Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being – Milan Kundera
What are some of your favorite foreign books or authors?